Roll Out the Red Carpet

on
It's here, my debut is today! A girl only debuts once and it's got to be an unforgettable experience right? Well aside from figuring out what to wear and what kind of music to play, there's another really really really important part.

You gotta bring a date!

And look at who's my date for my/our debut...Dull Boy! Okay, stop it, his real name is Avery and he's anything but dull. But shhh, don't tell anyone because he's gotta stay normal and undercover because he's got superpowers that would make Superman jealous. Like really jealous.

Just like how you're jealous of us for being an item. May 14th is now our official anniversary. Your eyes are Kryptonite green with envy, I can tell. But I'll let you talk to Avery a little bit, get his story and everything. Just understand that he's dancing with me tonight, okay? Thanks all!
"Sometimes I wish I didn't care what would happen if anyone knew the truth about me. But I do care. I have to keep this -- super strength, flying -- a secret. No one can know -- not my parents, not my friends... It's just that it's getting harder to hide it.

Superpowers are awesome -- unless you actually have them, like Avery does. There's only so much he can pass off as 'adrenaline' before people start to get suspicious. Probably it's best to lie low, so guys in white lab coats don't come to carry him away, to find out what makes his freakish body tick. Who wants to be vivisected? But flying under the radar becomes a whole lot harder when you can actually fly. It's dangerous to be different, so for now he'll pretend to be normal, unremarkable Avery -- a dull boy -- anything to keep his secret safe.

What he doesn't expect is the horrifying truth about where his powers came from, who else might have them, and the madness of one villain's plan to turn this superpowered dull boy into something even more powerful and amazing."
-Sarah Cross, Dull Boy-

0 comments: